Skip to content
Please see further below for full Member Benefits & Contact information or contact us by filling out the form below:
- Membership fees $25 per person / $35 per family per year. Fees payable at or before February Meeting (must be paid prior to February’s AGM to enable voting & receipt of Quarterly ‘Doll Chat’).
- Club Merchandise – ‘Logo’ Metal club badges $16 each; Logo T-shirt printing $5 each (Member provides own white T-shirt).
- Monthly Meetings ($4 entry) held alternately at either NORTH SIDE – ‘Everton Park Scout Hall’ – 120 Pullen Rd, Everton Park QLD 4053 or SOUTH SIDE – Bethania Community Centre, 88-118 Station Road, Bethania QLD 4205 ($4 room hire cost per Member (increased from 1/2/2021). *Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Members are requested to bring their own lunch, drink etc with no sharing permitted. Masks to be worn & seats cleaned after meeting. Meetings usually run from 10.30am-2.30pm, including the Workshop (if applicable). *PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL!*
- Member’s home viewings – occasionally arranged & details advised – these are a great opportunity to view fabulous doll collections you would not normally be privy to!
- Show & Tell – Members are encouraged to bring along any unidentified doll or related item of interest and perhaps someone else may be able to assist with information.
- Sale table – On the President’s prior notification, Members may bring dolls or related items for sale at meetings (10% Commission to the Club. 20% Commission for doll sales of Non-Members)
- Raffle Prizes (multiple) at each Meeting. $2 per ticket.
- Monthly Doll Competition (Adults & Children’s categories)– Bring a doll that fits the description – e.g. Russian doll. There are both Adults & Children’s Competitions. Members vote on their ‘pick-of-the-day’ & points awarded – Annual Trophy & prizes awarded at Christmas Function for the Members who collects most points over the year (1st, 2nd & 3rd).
- Workshop (optional) – Minimal fee for materials. Always bring craft glue, scissors, needle & thread to EVERY workshop. Other items required will be advised at prior meetings. For more details contact our Workshop co-ordinator, Julienne Entwistle on 3208 4904.
- ‘Doll Chat’ Magazine – issued Quarterly & emailed or posted to Members who are unable to attend Meetings (1 copy per Family Membership). Photos & articles always welcome by Editor. Emailed copies are in full colour & received before the printed black & white copies are distributed!
- Dates of other events that may be of interest to our members are shown in our Calendar along with our own BDS meeting days.
- Library – Doll-related books, patterns, magazines available on request of Librarian. Minimal fee payable. Library is located at Bethania (South side) venue only.
- Advertising – Members are entitled to a free advertisement each issue of Doll Chat Magazine for buying or selling dolls & doll-related items. Extra – Half-page advert $10, ¼ page advert $5.
- Annual ‘Doll & Bear Fair’ – August – Held at Waterloo Bay Leisure Centre, 241 Tingal Road, Wynnum. Fundraiser – Raffles – Displays – Trade Tables – Valuations – Members’ Sale table – Food!
- Christmas Lunch – partially subsidised for Members & children. Partners welcome (not subsidised). Raffles, Lucky Door, Annual Competition Trophy, Workshop Competitions, Winners announced & PRIZES. Lots of fun & frivolity with great food & like-minded company!