See further below for full Contact information or
Please contact us by filling out the form below:
You may contact our President directly:
Elaine Scanlon on (0439) 263 269 or (07) 5536 2428
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership fees $25 per person / $35 per family per year. Fees payable at or before February Meeting (must be paid prior to February’s AGM to enable voting & receipt of Quarterly ‘Doll Chat’).
- Club Merchandise – ‘Logo’ Metal club badges $16 each; Logo T-shirt printing $5 each (Member provides own white T-shirt).
- Monthly Meetings held alternately at either NORTH SIDE – ‘Bar-Jai Community Centre’ Cnr Haig Rd & 178 Alexandra Road, Clayfield QLD 4011 or SOUTH SIDE – Bethania Community Centre, 88-118 Station Road, Bethania QLD 4205 ($3 room hire cost per Member (increased from 1/4 2020). Members are requested to bring a plate of food to share for lunch. Meetings usually run from 10am-2pm, including the Workshop. *PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL!*
- Member’s home viewings – occasionally arranged & details advised – these are a great opportunity to view fabulous doll collections you would not normally be privy to!
- Show & Tell – Members are encouraged to bring along any unidentified doll or related item of interest and perhaps someone else may be able to assist with information.
- Sale table – Members may bring dolls or related items for sale at meetings (10% Commission to the Club. 20% Commission for doll sales of Non-Members)
- Raffle Prizes (multiple) at each Meeting. $2 per ticket.
- Monthly Doll Competition (Adults & Children’s categories)– Bring a doll that fits the description – e.g. Russian doll. NOTE – If International, the Doll MUST HAVE BEEN MADE in that country!! Members vote on their ‘pick-of-the-day’ & points awarded – prizes awarded at Christmas Function for the Members who collects most points over the year (1st, 2nd & 3rd).
- Workshop (optional) – Minimal fee for materials. Always bring craft glue, scissors, needle & thread to EVERY workshop. Other items required will be advised at prior meetings. For more details contact Julienne Entwistle on 3208 4904.
- ‘Doll Chat’ Magazine – issued Quarterly & posted to Members who are unable to attend Meetings (1 copy per Family Membership). Photos & articles always welcome by Editor. Also available as an email – in full colour & received before the printed black & white copies are distributed!
- Dates of other events that may be of interest to our members are shown in our Calendar along with our own BDS meeting days.
- Library – Doll-related books, patterns, magazines available on request of Librarian. Minimal fee payable. Library is located at Clayfield venue only.
- Advertising – Members are entitled to a free advertisement each issue of Doll Chat for buying or selling dolls & doll-related items. Extra – Half-page advert $10, ¼ page advert $5.
- Annual ‘Doll & Bear Fair’ – August – Held at Waterloo Bay Leisure Centre, 241 Tingal Road, Wynnum. Fundraiser – Raffles – Displays – Trade Tables – Valuations – Members’ Sale table – Food!
- Christmas Lunch – partially subsidised for Members & children. Partners welcome (not subsidised). Raffles, Lucky Door, Annual Competition Trophy, Workshop Competitions, Winners announced & PRIZES. Lots of fun & frivolity with great food & like-minded company!